Except now all of your layouts are messed up, and you're supposed to push an app update through to the store tomorrow. So you delete the Default-568h@2x.png launch image and...nothing. Your app still seems to be running in full-screen mode. What's the deal?
It seems to be a bug, but there is a workaround. Here are the steps that I went through to re-enable letterboxing in XCode:
- Remove the Default-568h@2x.png launch image
- Run a "Clean Build Folder" (⌥⇧⌘K)
- Uninstall the app from your device/simulator
- Build and run the app
It's not immediately clear to me why you have to jump through so many hoops -- it might be that XCode is caching an intermediate version of the image resource in the build folder, and the device/simulator is simultaneously caching a version of this image in memory or on disk.
I'll update if I get more information.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteMy project won't build without that file in it...
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete